When it comes to building links to a website, webmasters have tried a variety of methods over the years. Some of those have been very powerful and some of them have been banned, or penalized, by the search engines. But one method of link building that has remained as effective, and as acceptable, as it was on the very first day of the Internet is article marketing.
But what does article marketing entail?
Well, first, it means you will write articles on a consistent basis and submit them through article directories online. However, a newer method of article marketing involves submitting articles directly to publishers who are seeking exclusive original content. Both methods are great ways to build inbound links.
If you’ve decided that article marketing is the way you want to go to drive traffic to your website, the place you need to start is with keywords. You must conduct keyword research and figure out what your most important keywords are. Secondly, you need to build a website. You can’t build links to something that doesn’t exist. And you can use the same keywords for your articles that you use for your website; in fact, I highly recommend that you do.
Effective article marketing requires a unique mindset. You must be diligent and patient. To do it correctly, here’s what you need to think about:
- Quality – Don’t just spurn out cheap content and expect people will visit your website. Make your article a high quality article with original content.
- Original Content – Original content is always better than rewritten fluff and PLR. Private Label Rights articles, if they are going to be any good to you must be rewritten extensively. But the time it takes to rewrite an article and make it look new and original is about the same amount of time to write an article from scratch. You might as well just write original content.
- Keep It Short – Make your articles easy to read in one sitting. 400-700 words is best.
- Be Informative – Give you reader something meaty. No fluff. Provide useful, relevant, and high quality information that can’t be found anywhere else. That’s how you build credibility and trust.
- Don’t Use Too Many Links – Too many links makes your article look spammy. You are trying to build a good reputation. Just provide one or two links in your author resource box and promote the same website.
- Be Focused – If you maintain your focus and write aritcles consistently over time then you can build some good, solid links back to your website.
Link building through articles is hard work and takes a lot of time. That’s why only the truly dedicated commit to it. Are you that dedicated?