Twitter is one of those tools that either still confuses people or they just don’t have any idea how to approach it. The reality is that every business should be using Twitter in some way. What that way is for your business only you will find out over time but it is important to make it there at some point.
Here are 5 ways you can be using Twitter to pull in targeted traffic:
1. Business Twitter Tip#1 – Blog Posts: Do you currently write blog posts? Does your business have a regularly updated blog posts that are not being utilized 100%? Each one of your blog posts should be dropped into the Twitter stream on a regular basis.
2. Business Twitter Tip#2 – Followers: How many followers do you have? Sure it is not the end all be all to have one million followers but it is important to have some followers if you want to deliver nice steady Twitter traffic over to your website. Find your competition on Twitter and start following their followers. Once you hit a certain number take a break for a week or so and then unfollow a handful. Repeat this process on a regular schedule and watch your followers build very nicely.
3. Business Twitter Tip#3 – Viral Marketing: Are you a business that tends to have really humorous events occur within its walls? Whether it is from customers coming into your store or just office shenanigans your Twitter stream could turn those shenanigans into viral marketing campaigns that could deliver generous links and a steady stream of curious visitors that could turn into customers or clients over time.
4. Business Twitter Tip#4 – Community Building: Use your Twitter account to build up your community. Ask questions and start conversations so you can actually create a back and forth discussion with people. That is the only way they are going to remember who you really are.
5. Business Twitter Tip#5 – Good Old Promotion!: Promote everything you do online on your Twitter stream. Do you write articles? Place a link to them in your Twitter account. The same goes with press releases and virtually anything you do online that deserves some sort of attention from your online audience.
Twitter is a great place to really build up your business and brand in a number of ways. Take the time and put a plan of action together and start really driving new traffic to your website.