Here are a few tips for choosing your Google AdWords keywords:
- First, Google has a keyword selection tool; use that rather than your other tools. If fact, you can use AdWords’ keyword tool for all of your keyword research. That’s how confident I am of it.
- Secondly, make sure your website is highly optimized and ready to sell. If your website doesn’t have good sales copy then it doesn’t matter how much traffic you get. You want it to convert.
- After you know that your website is ready to handle the traffic, borrow its keywords. Every page should have its own keywords. Those are the keywords you’ll use to send people to that specific landing page. After all, matching the keywords from your AdWords campaign to your web pages is one of the most important tasks when advertising through PPC.
- You also want to try to find other keywords. Don’t just rely on the four or five on each web page of your website. Enter those keywords into Google AdWords’ keyword selection tool and select the option that will recommend related keywords.
- You’ll have to manually go through each of those keywords and hand pick the ones that are most relevant to your website. Don’t worry about matching them to the specific landing page at this point. You just want to know if they are appropriate for your website.
After you’ve got a good selection of keywords you are ready to write ads and match those keywords up with your landing pages. Good luck and may your AdWords campaign be successful every day of the year.