If you write a blog and you write more than 300 words in your blog posts then you might want some tips on how to make your blog post better from a search engine optimization perspective. Coincidentally, these tips will also help your blog post in other ways as well. Here are some ways you can improve those long posts:
- Break up your paragraphs with subheadings – If you write for more than three paragraphs, add a subhead. It should be short and contain your keyword. Make the subhead an h2 or use the font=”+2″ tag.
- Add a graphic or two – Graphics break up text real well. You can align left or right or place the graphics between paragraphs. Whatever looks good, man. Plus, add an alt tag to each graphic to give it some SEO juice.
- Don’t stuff keywords – Many bloggers are tempted to stuff keywords into their content. It isn’t necessary. If you write good content and include enough SEO elements, managing your keywords and links well, then you don’t have to stuff keywords.
- Add tags – The latest edition of WordPress gives you a Tags field below your content box. Use it. Add three to five tags that correspond to the content of your blog post.
- Chose more than one category – Put your blog post into as many categories as is relevant, not just one.
When it comes to SEO, long posts have a better chance of ranking well if they are optimized. Short posts can rank too, but optimization is the same. You don’t have to stuff keywords. Add the proper tags and you’ll do well in the optimization game.