If you’ve been thinking about outsourcing some or all of your Internet marketing you’ll want to think long and hard about hiring someone to do your SEO or PPC work. First, ask yourself if it’s necessary. It may not be.
It’s not that I don’t believe these are valuable services. They are. After all, I provide both services to a growing list of clients. But I realize that the services aren’t for everyone.
First, SEO. What is it?
Well, SEO stands for search engine optimization. It is the science of optimizing web pages to rank well in the search engines for specific search terms. Everyone can benefit and everyone should engage in SEO. You can’t really survive without it. But should you hire someone to do your SEO? Here are the top 5 reasons you should:
- You want to rank in the top 10 for 1 or more search terms
- You aren’t sure how to conduct keyword research
- Your boss told you to build a website for the company but you don’t know where to start
- You have a website but no one knows about it
- Your efforts to drive more traffic to your website are frustrated by lack of success
How about PPC? Should you hire someone to take care of your pay-per-click advertising?
- You want highly targeted traffic quickly
- Your site is heavily optimized for your search terms but the traffic still isn’t getting there
- You have an advertising budget and don’t know what to do with it
- You have a hot product to sell but don’t know how to market it online
- You have been successful with other Internet marketing models and you’re ready to expand