Squidoo is all the rage, but you don’t need a lens to make the world a better place. You can build great links and drive traffic to your website using other UGC sites. In fact, I highly recommend it. Here are 7 alternative sites that allow you to post articles or share your knowledge, drive traffic back to your website, and build great inbound links:
- eHow – eHow is a very popular site that allows anyone to teach others what they know how to do. Articles are generally short and snappy and “go by the numbers”.
- WikiHow – The wiki version of eHow. Only better.
- Instructables – The new kid on the blog, Instructables gives you an opportunity to teach others what you do best. Create your account, comment on other people’s instructables, and start your own.
- Associated Content – Not only can you build great links and drive traffic to your site with Associated Content, but you can make money there – even if you don’t have a website.
- Helium – A snazzier version of Associated Content. Make money, drive traffic, build links. Learn stuff and teach stuff. Be the expert.
- Knol – Owned by Google. Article marketing, only better. Drive lots of traffic with your expertly written articles on just about anything.
- HubPages – Another site like Associated Content and Helium where you can make money teaching people what you know.
Squidoo is a good site, don’t get us wrong. But you don’t have to hang your hat at Squidoo and move in. Try these other sites too. Build relevant links for your long term search engine optimization, drive traffic, and make more money.