This morning I write a post about why PageRank falls. Hopefully you read it. I’ll wait if you want to read it now and come back.
One of the reasons that PageRank can fall is lack is updating on the website. This can happen for both blogs and static websites, but it typically happens more often for static websites because webmasters can go a long time without updating them. It’s important to update your website for a number of reasons.
- The more often you update your website the more often search engine spiders will return to crawl your site and index its pages
- Websites that get regular new content receive more traffic over time
- Every new page you add to your website is another page that can be indexed by the search engines, which increases your chances for a sale or increased advertising income
- By providing your visitors with new information you give them a better experience on your website and make it easier for them to do business with you
- After a website has not been updated for awhile the search engines quit crawling it and the site begins to drop in rankings for its important keywords
- A site can also drop in PageRank when it isn’t update often enough
I hope these points help you to see why it’s important to update your website periodically. The more often you update your website, the better off you will be in the long run.