If you have a website that is online and indexed you are in good shape even if your website is not converting or getting good ranking from the search engines. Having a site that is already indexed means that need to perform some improvements to the website but at least you are indexed which means that the long wait to get crawled has already past. Now all you need to do is get the focus right.
Web usability is critically important for search engine optimization. If you spend valuable time and money optimizing you web, the traffic starts rolling in and your web is difficult to read, navigate or is slow to load, you are missing a big opportunity to convert traffic to sales or inquiries.
Here are five basic web usability tips for website improvement:
• Your web site should be easy to read.
• Your website should be easy to navigate.
• Your web site should be easy to find. Utilize some of the Search engine optimization tools that we mentioned in previous posts to accomplish this.
• Your web page layout and design should be consistent throughout the site. Sites with vast changes between the index page and the interior pages turn readers off.
• Your website should be quick to download.
The following is some advise to help improve your site on the user and search engine optimziation side of things:
1. High quality content
2. Often updated
3. Minimal download time
4. Ease of use
5. Relevant to user’s needs
6. Unique to the online medium
7. Net centric organizational culture, meaning that your process of doing business is built around using the internet as a core method of communication, information distribution and service to partners, sponsors, members, clients and prospects.
Making simple improvements to your website can score you a home run with your visitors and your search engine optimization efforts.